Monday, October 27, 2008

I Love Mrs VF

I just ate some leftover duck that Mrs Vache Folle made yesterday. She steamed the duck for 45 minutes to get rid of some of the excess fat, and then she roasted it on each side for 20 minutes. It was very good. Duck is all dark meat. We also had spinach that Mrs VF cooked up with garlic and some brussells sprouts, so half of the duck was left over. I chopped it up with a butcher knife into chunks just like they do in Chinese restaurants and fried my share in butter and olive oil. This made the skin and the layer of subcutaneous duck fat delightfully crispy. I heated up some of Mrs VF's signature mashed taters and went to town. She uses Neufchatel cheese and sour cream inctead of milk and butter, so the taters heat up as delicious as when they were first made. Now I'm enjoying a postprandial Johnny Walker on the rocks.

I sure love Mrs VF. I praise her cooking because it is truly glorious. I shop for the food and she cooks it up. For lunch yesterday we had baby back ribs. She parboiled them first then baked them at 250 degrees for four hours. They were slathered with chipotle grilling sauce and were to die for.

She also has a great sense of humor, one of the most important characteristics a human being can possess. On Saturday, we went to a comedy show fundraiser at the local firehouse and laughed our asses off. The comedians worked blue and didn't hold back in front of the firehouse folks. It was as good a comedy show as I have ever seen, and we have seen many.

She is also the most thoughtful person I know and truly caring and solicitous, even to me. And she's a looker to boot.

But the main thing is the cooking.

No comments: