Friday, October 24, 2008

Google Group Goes Public

I went ahead and changed the settings on my Google Group "Church and State" so that anyone can join. My fellow churchgoers mostly took a pass, but I'm still interested in this idea even though the church discussion group ends this Sunday. Our season of meaningful dialogue will have come and gone.

So, any of my imaginary readership that wants to join should feel free to do so. You don't have to be a Christian, but it would be helpful if you were willing to sign on to the premise that we can discuss important issues with gentleness and reverence and in consideration of the love we have for one another as conspecifics.

The purpose of the group is not so much to advocate political positions, although this will doubtless occur if anyone signs on, but to try to gain a fuller understanding of one another's positions and the needs and concerns that underlie them. I'm hoping for a lot of reframing, and I aim to try to reframe issues whenever I can as moderator.

No comments: