Thursday, September 25, 2008

Voting For Spite

JL Wilson has a pretty good idea about what to do on election day: http://independentcountry.blogspot.com/2008/09/on-lottery-and-third-parties.html

He reckons we ought to (a) vote for a third party candidate to send a message, or (b) buy Lottery Tickets instead. Or maybe both. Anyway, it makes a lot of sense on many levels.

For me, though, voting is entirely about spite. I loathe the GOP and what they have done to the country. John McCain has got to be stopped. So I figure on voting for Democrats for the next couple of decades. If the Democratic party nominates a steaming pile of shit, then I'm going to vote for the steaming pile of shit. At least that was my theory until now.

With this bailout that's going on right now, though, it's beginning to look as if the Democrats are, in fact, about as loathesome as the GOP. I'll wait and see what comes out, but I'm not going to be shocked if it's a major capitulation and giveaway to the tycoons.

1 comment:

Wally Conger said...

They are all loathesome creatures. And finally, even my friends who have been ever-faithful to the electoral process are starting to "get it."