Sunday, September 07, 2008

I'm Tuckered Out

I survived the weekend and my flight to LA, but I am plumb give out as we used to say in North Georgia. Friday night was dinner in the theater district with my nice uncle, aunt, cousin. I really like them but come from a different world. Uncle is a very successful businessman and a staunch Republican, and he actually believes that McCain kept his POW status a virtual secret up until this year. I kid you not. Anyway, we had a very nice time with them and I look forward to seeing them again despite our political differences.

Saturday, the cable guy came and so did Mrs Vache Folle's nephews (Huey 13, Dewey 12, and Louie 10). They're not too bad except that Dewey is a total douche sometimes. We played monopoly all afternoon (it was pouring), took them clothes shopping, stopped in the Animal Kingdom pet store, and went out to the hibachi restaurant. I had to get up at 4 am Sunday to catch a plane to LA, then met with lawyers for hours on end. Now I am drinking.

These activities cut into my sitting around time way too much. This was classic overscheduling. I,m going to get room service and eat it naked while I watch the TV in my hotel room. I am not to be disturbed for the next 12 hours.






No comments: