Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Politics

I appreciate it when businesses put political yard signs in front of their establishments. If they promote GOP candidates, I don't have to bother patronizing their businesses. Thanks for the heads up.

There are a lot of candidates for petty offices, and none of them identifies by party on their signs or ads. I understand that Republicans want to run away from the GOP legacy of corruption and incompetence, but I don't know why Democrats don't tout their nonGOPness. I am going to vote for a straight Democratic ticket in every race, no matter what. That saves me time in researching the candidates and issues. Party affiliation is indicated on the ballot.

The GOP candidate for Congress in my district recently attached an addition to his yard signs that reads in big red letters: "IRAQ WAR VET". What possible relevance could this have to his qualifications for Congress? To me, it says he was a dumbass. Any temptation I had to vote for him was removed.

McCain has got to be stopped. That's all I know. And the GOP has to disband or be rehabilitated so that electing them won't necessarily mean turning the machinery of the state over to crooks and power mad authoritarians. The only thing that will help the GOP is to lose elections, lots of them, for about the next twenty years or so. A few high profile prosecutions would be helpful, too.

Although if the Democrats fold on this bank bailout thing, I'm going to have to break out my pitchfork and torch.

No comments: