Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Third Day of Trial

Today I was reminded of how much I despise the justice system and those who work so hard to make it dysfunctional. Another judge obsessed with his own power in his own little domain and indifferent to the participants and jurors. Anyone who came within 18 inches of the flag got a lecture on how it was "sacred", as if that very flag had draped the coffin of his dead war hero son. More lawyers whose only aim is to obfuscate and confuse. Otherwise, it went as well as could be expected in view of the overwhelming douchebaggery surrounding the proceedings.

Meanwhile, I made the mistake of looking at the newspapers (LA Times, USA Today} left outside my hotel room door. Recovering from the extra stupidity takes all day. Note to self: ignore worthless papers. Also, I'm avoiding all political discussions unless I'm drinking.

No comments: