Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Second Day of Trial

My trial testimony is over, so now I'm just an extra rather than a bit player in the drama. "LA Law" this isn't. I have been trying to imagine how all this looks to the jurors, and I reckon they went home tonight thinking "WTF?"

I am just too damned tired to take in downtown LA come the evenings, so I've been holing up in my room working or zoning out to the TV. Now that I'm no longer a high ranking executive of the company, the lawyers aren't interested in entertaining me as they used to do. That's just as well, although I genuinely like our lawyers. It's one of the reasons that I was an advocate for them in the corporations and even after the sale, that they are decent people as well as being exceedingly competent.

Even my relations in the area have begged off spending time with me. Just as well, since it would have been a major hassle for me and them. Besides, we are probably not closely related enough to exchange organs in an emergency, so there's not much point in keeping close.

I suspect that I'm getting sick and that a bout of bronchitis is in cards in the near future. Please let me get through flying first. It sucks, let me tell you from experience, to be sick away from home.

I really hate using the laptop without the regular keyboard and mouse.

Otherwise, all is well in LA for Vache Folle.

No comments: