Tuesday, September 16, 2008

McCain Responds to Charges that He is a Liar

"My friends, for five and a half years in the hellhole in Hanoi, I had to lie to survive. Under constant enhanced interrogation techniques, then known as torture but now known to be perfectly OK, I was forced to lie to keep from revealing military secrets. I was forced to make false confessions to war crimes. By the end of my confinement, I was no longer capable of discerning truth from lies. I sacrificed my ability to tell the truth for my country, and I'll be damned if I am going to let anyone question my honesty now. If I'm a liar, it's because of my service. You really have to hate America to blame me for my service connected disabilities. Besides, I can't lie because lying requires intention, and since I can't gauge reality at all, I can't form an intention to lie. So everything I say is the truth as far as I can tell even though it might not conform to facts about the world outside of what's left of my mind. Yeah, that's the ticket."

No comments: