Thursday, March 06, 2008

Andy Rooney's Next Piece

Why is that when I "take a shit" I am actually leaving shit behind? I'm really "giving a shit", but the expression to "give a shit" is not the opposite of "take a shit". When I "give a shit", there's not necessarily any actual shit involved.

Sometimes, I remark that something is "good shit" but at other times I am dismissive of something by calling it "shit". I'd better know "shit from Shinola" or I'll be in "deep shit". But I'm an expert if I "really know my shit" even if there isn't any Shinola to mistake it for. I'm a fool if I "don't know shit" whether its mine or not.

If I want to curse someone, I can hardly do better than telling them to "eat shit" unless I tell them to "eat shit AND die". But I have eaten "shit on a shingle" and enjoyed it many times.

A raconteur may be said to "shovel the shit", but an idiot may have "shit for brains". If I get disturbed about something, I might "shit a brick", but if a woman is well built she may be said to resemble a "brick shit house". I'm not sure if this would be taken as a compliment or if the woman would think I was a "dumb shit" if I told her she was like a "brick shit house".

Anyway, enough of this shit.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

"Why is that when I 'take a shit' I am actually leaving shit behind?"

Beats the shit outta me.