Friday, February 08, 2008

New Job Needed

I have got to get serious about looking for a new job. The consulting gig is nice, but I don't see it lasting beyond the year. My hope that the company would transfer me back seems to have been misplaced, and I am very doubtful that the new owners of my former employer have any place for me. They would have made me an offer by now. They certainly know me and my work habits by this time, and I have been very useful even if I say so myself. But there doesn't seem to be a need for me going forward once my former employers have been absorbed into the buyer entity so to speak.

I can stay pretty busy with consulting, and I could put in full time hours, but this will just keep me from getting down to the business of finding a new job. Here's my plan: consult about 20-25 hours each week and spend the rest of my time on the job search front. Starting next week. Seriously, I'm going to polish up the old resume and get down to it. On Monday, or possibly Tuesday depending on how much work I have to do.

No comments: