Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Me Day

Today I did almost nothing productive, so far. I went to the doctor first thing and got an EKG and a PFT. The first was good, the latter not so much. My cholesterol was lower than ever.

Then I went to the drug store and dropped off my scrips. I got corned beef hash and eggs at the diner in the strip mall by the strip mall next to the strip mall that the drug store is in. Hopewell Junction is a conglomerate of strip malls, not exactly a quaint New England hamlet. Then I picked up my meds and went home. I played on line sudoku mega until it was time for my massage (I did walk the dogs in the interim) in Kent at the strip mall that appears to constitute the town as far as I can tell.

I had a nice chat with Mrs Vache Folle's yoga instructor while I waited for my masseur to get done with his previous client. She tried to talk me into some yoga classes and assured me that there are classes just for spazzes like me, although she called them something else. She let me know, and I chalk it up to her observations about my likely body fat index, that two holistic nutritional counselors are coming on board next week.

The massage was terrific as usual. Then I got a spa pedicure in the Korean nail salon downstairs and a manicure. I splurged and got the callous treatment and the super duper foot and calf/shin massage. Then I got a haircut. It was nigh on 4:00 when I got home. I mowed for 10 minutes and then browsed the blogosphere. I am debating whether to putter in the garden or just start drinking.

I could do with more days like this. I wonder if I can get a facial in Hopewell Junction or Kent.

No comments: