Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where's My False Confessions?

The "enhanced interrogation techniques", otherwise known as torture in civilized societies, employed by the Bushcheneyregime were designed to get prisoners to make false confessions for political purposes. Evidently, the Bushchenyregime couldn't even get any decent false confessions out of their victims. This leads me to conclude that (a) the torturers were incompetent, (b) the torturers were sexually aroused by torture for its own sake, (c) both (a) and (b).

It's not that the Bushcheneyregime couldn't have used some false confessions. "I admit it, I smuggled the Iraqi WMD to Syria in my ass." "I arranged a meeting with Saddam and bin Laden to coordinate their secret plan to take over the world." "Damn your warrantless wiretapping and widespread eavesdropping for you have thwarted yet another al Qaeda scheme thereby!"

And yet no such confessions were elicited. I doubt that any significant actionable intelligence was elicited, either. Not that it would have mattered. The Bushcheneyregime didn't need no stinking intelligence to take action. They just made shit up and did whatever they wanted.

No comments: