Monday, April 06, 2009

Raised Beds Installed

I built my raised beds with some pressure treated lumber, and now I have to fill them up with silt and soil to get them ready for planting. They are in the sunniest spot in the yard, so I have high hopes for the garden. I aim to plant maters, squash, string beans, peas, cucumbers, spinach, four kinds of lettuce, cabbage, scallions, a variety of herbs, and I don't know what else. There will be salads at the Folle house this summer.

With the discovery of Fleisher's free range, organic, grass fed meat and the planting of a salad garden, I reckon we'll be grilling and munching on raw veggies just about every evening when the weather turns. So far the spring has been too damned cold and wet for my liking, although Palm Sunday was quite nice.

No comments: