Saturday, January 05, 2008

Lack of Experience or Competence No Bar to White House

Another objection to my candidacy is based on my lack of experience. I have never been a US Senator or a Governor of a state, nor have I served as Vice President of the US. These are apparently the positions that are considered as the training ground for the presidency. I submit that they have no bearing on the duties of the presidency and are only prerequisites because they demonstrate political capabilities and support. My candidacy is all about avoiding this kind of business of usual, so if I had been a Senator or a Governor I couldn't honestly say that I am above the fray and an outsider.

Look what Senators, Veeps and Governors have done so far and tell me why you should consider entrusting the presidency to any of those nutters instead of to me. For the most part, I've had to make an honest living. My background as a working stiff is as meaningful as the experience of any of the candidates when it comes to what it takes to be president. Hell, all they've demonstrated is that they know how to get folks to throw money at them and to get elected to offices. Those skilss don't mean peedoodlysquat when it comes to presidenting.

Besides, haven't we all looked at the big executives and said to ourselves, "Good Lord, what a tool; I could do his job a whole lot better." Admit it. Unless you're a brown noser, you've never looked at your bosses with admiration and awe annd said ' Wow, what a leader!"

So, when my opponents point out the deficiencies in my resume, just ignore them. They don't know what they're talking about.

No comments: