Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good News from Iraq

An acquaintance at church, a retired army officer with sons serving in Iraq, informed me that the economy is booming in Iraq and that the situation is not nearly as bad as the media makes it out to be. He thinks more good news should be reported but that reporters inexplicably hole up in their hotels.

What a relief. I reckon now the troops can go out on the town in Baghdad and elsewhere on weekend passes. I expect a bunch of Iraqi war brides will be coming over as soldiers come off of deployments. I wonder if I can book a vacation in Fallujah.

The GOP must be in a celebratory mood, what with all the success in Iraq. I think that the 2008 Republican National Convention should be held in Baghdad just to show how wonderful things have become under the current regime.

No comments: