Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ben Shapiro's Real Friends Would Tell Him to Shut Up

Years from now, Ben Shapiro of townhall-dot-something will look back on his writings and cringe. “Good God!” he will cry, “Was I really ever such an idiot? Why didn’t anyone stop me from being such a horse’s ass?”

I am grateful that nobody ever gave me a column when I was a silly young man so bereft of experience of the world and so full of my own significance. I wasn’t as stupid as Ben Shapiro by a long shot, but I bet I would be embarrassed by some of the opinions I held then.

Doesn’t he have friends who can take him aside and tell him what a fool he is making of himself? The image is from Calvin College's collection of Nazi propaganda. The caption says "Silence is Your Duty". Ben Shapiro agrees with this poster.

No comments: