Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Will Never Get Up Early and Go to the Gym

Yesterday, I decided that today was going to be the first day of the rest of my life, that I was going to get my shit together once and for all. I set my alarm for 5 am and resolved that I would get up and go to the gym in the wee hours of the morning. It's so much more righteous to work out in the early morning and the opposite of my nature.

I reckon I was unconciously setting myself up for failure. I didn't sleep a wink all night and couldn't even dream of going to the gym at 5 when the alarm went off. What a maroon I am. I am dead tired at my desk and apt to fall out any minute. A power nap might not be a bad idea.

Anyway, I decided that there is no way that I will ever get up at 5 in the morning to work out. It's not in my nature. I shouldn't even think of resolving to get up earlier than I absolutely have to.

When I had drill sergeants screaming at me, I could get up and exercise. Otherwise, it isn't going to happen.

No comments: