Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catholic League Sucks

The Catholic League reckons that nobody should be allowed to criticize Catholicism or Catholics or Catholic symbols or do or say anything that pisses them off. I love Catholics. I married one. I sang in the choir at a Catholic church for a year or two. I can see how somebody might be a Catholic, especially if they were raised in that denomination. Catholicism is no more irrational than any other religion. The Catholic Church is, in many ways, a force for good in the world.

The Catholic League, on the other hand, and its spokesdouche can suck it as far as I am concerned. They are the worst thing about Catholicism ever, worse than the Inquisition even. They are an embarassment to Catholics, and, while I do not condone burning people at the stake, I would understand the motivation behind an auto da fe organized to handle the Catholic League. They are doubtless causing an exodus from Catholicism by all the people who are mortified that they might be mistaken for having a connection with the Catholic League.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auto da fe?
What's an auto da fe?
It's what'cha ought'ta do
but'cha do anyway!