Friday, October 14, 2005

I Love Debbie Norville

Debbie Norville is co-anchor of the Channel 5 Good Morning New York show, and I couldn't be happier. I never miss the show now, because I Love Debbie Norville. I always have admired her. She was my classmate in high school and the only one of the class who ever amounted to anything. What's more, she deserves every good thing that ever happened to her because she has always been a hard worker, a professional and a decent person. (She makes her own clothes, for crying out loud!)

Debbie was always attractive. Moreover, she was smart and kind to others, including socially retarded geeks like me. I think she was Junior Miss of Georgia or something like that, and her broadcasting career got off to a pretty quick start with high profile jobs in Atlanta and Chicago (no long small market hell for her). Debbie got the nod to replace Jane Pauley on the TodayShow, and some folks blamed her for Jane's departure. Her tenure on Today was woefully brief, but she turned up as the anchor of Inside Edition. I don't know if the New York gig is a step up or not, but I am glad to see her all the same and hope that she continues to have professional success.

No comments: