Thursday, October 20, 2005

Happy Accident Day

When the future Mrs Vache Folle and I were dating, we were involved in an automobile accident on Massachusetts Avenue in front of the Vice Presidential Palace. She was driving toward downtown DC when an outbound van turned left in front of her and hit us head on. I was not wearing a seatbelt and ended up smacking into the windshield and losing consciousness. The future Mrs VF's car was a total loss, but she was thankfully uninjured. I had a concussion, lacerations, contusions and tons of soft tissue damage. I was more or less disabled for several weeks and in pain for several months. I thought I would have to withdraw from school and go home to be taken care of, but the future Mrs VF nursed me back to health. I fell in love with her, and we were married in the chapel at school nine weeks after the accident of October 20. This is on my internal calendar as Accident Day, the day that sealed my destiny as the husband of Mrs VF. It has worked out pretty well from my perspective, although Mrs VF could have done better.

No comments: