Friday, February 27, 2009

I Got a Dell

I suppose I should count myself lucky that I got nigh on 8 years out of my Compaq. Looking back, I don't know what I was thinking buying a computer with 256 MB of memory. A couple of years ago, I added an additional 256 MB, but when I installed my Rosetta Stone language program, I killed the Presario. Now I have a Dell with 3 GB and new Office software. Yeehah! Things are fast again.

I need a computer for work as well as screwing around, and I would like to have a fast one for both business and pleasure. I seem to have gotten my wish with this Dell Studio machine.

Rosetta Stone actually has a voice recognition feature that didn't work on the Presario. Who knew? My only anxiety with the new machine is Windows Vista.

Well, I did my patriotic duty and consumed. Let's see if it doesn't ripple through the economy and turn it around.

No comments: