Monday, February 09, 2009

Stuff I'm Quitting

I'm boycotting Kellogg's because of their mistreatment of Michael Phelps. So he smokes pot? What of it? Doesn't his pot smoking make his achievements all the more remarkable? By dropping their sponsorship of Phelps, Kellogg's is essentially admitting that it was the pot and not their nutritious cereals which propelled Phelps to glory. I urge everyone to boycott Kellogg's and to let them know what we think of their sanctimonius prattery.

I'm quitting beef that isn't free range and grass fed or pork that isn't free range and feeding on mace. I aim to increase my ratio of Omega 3s to Omega 6s, and to do this I must avoid factory farmed meat. It's going to be inconvenient, but I'm just not going to support factory farming with my consumer dollars any longer. In the interim, I'm eating more fish, lamb and duck.

I'm still off the TV news and glad of it. The only news I watch now is Telemundo, and that's just because I'm trying to learn Spanish. Once I start to understand it, I'll quit that, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't be surprised if in this economy, the real reason Kellogg's dumped Phelps was to save money. The pot thing probably gave them the contractual "out" they needed.

Anonymous said...

I used to watch Univision with the sound off, due to the parade of hot women they tended to provide seemingly regardless of context.