Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Socks

I have three kinds of socks: about ten pairs of identical black dress socks, about ten pairs of identical white athletic socks, and three pairs of khaki warm socks. This system allows me to forego worries about mismatched socks or sniglets. It's genius. Mrs Vache Folle resisted this idea for many years but now has seen the light. She maintains a variety of socks to this day but does not seem to mind going to the effort to keep them matched and to select the right sock for every occasion. That's her prerogative. I can't be bothered.

When socks go missing, I've learned that they have likely attached themselves via static charge to other items of clothing. I check myself in the mirror to ascertain whether there might be a sock clinging to my shirt or sweater.

No comments: