Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Election

I watched election coverage on the cable media last night but fell asleep before the end (I was also guzzling wine). I was awake long enough to catch a holographic interviewee on CNN and to savor the FOX teams' bewilderment. I mostly stuck with MSNBC, and I got the feeling that the anchors were having a hard time pretending that they didn't already know that Obama was winning in a landslide.

I woke up to find that the GOP, which I despise, had been punished fairly sternly, but not as badly as I might have liked. I really wanted to see Saxby Chambliss and Ted Stevens go. I was also rooting for Al Franken. One of my Minnesotan friends tells me he suffered among some MInnesotans because he had used the "F-word" or an "Effenheimer" as my informant called it. Note to Minnesotans: It's OK to be nice, but don't be stupid about it.

Bummer about Prop 8.

I look forward to being disappointed by President Obama and the Democratic Congress.

No comments: