Thursday, November 06, 2008

Anthony Cumia is an Imbecile

Stupid Anthony Cumia on O&A suggested that African Americans are better off because their ancestors were enslaved. I suppose on some level that's true. If their ancestors had not been enslaved, or indeed if any significant change in the timeline occurred, they would never have been born. I probably wouldn't have been born if history had been altered so significantly. I reckon that means that I'm better off because African Americans' ancestors were enslaved.

There's a number of events that, if they had not occurred precisely as they did, would probably have meant that I would never have been born. Hitler and the Holocaust come to mind. If Hitler hadn't come to power and been a genocidal maniac, I wouldn't be here. Does that make it reasonable to argue that I'm better off because of Hitler and the Holocaust?

No comments: