Friday, September 21, 2007

Chickenhawks

I think it’s fair to ask war supporters why they aren’t in the military or why they don’t start a regiment of volunteers to fight in the Iraq. Chickenhawks and keyboard commandos should explain themselves. They love the war so much, why don’t they go fight in it? It is, in large measure, their support for the war that lets the regime keep it going, and some dupes in the National Guard have to get shot at because they won’t enlist. If all the College Republicans signed up, several battalions might be able to rotate out of the war zone.

Of course, if College Republicans are anything like they were when I was in college, they are mostly pussies and nutjobs.

I also want politicians who sat out Vietnam even though they supported it to explain how they did this in good conscience? Because they got deferments, some other poor slobs got drafted and had to fight in a war they might not even have supported.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, thanks for putting this argument out. Ive been reading your blog for months now, and I have to say you are one of the most thought-provoking bloggers I've found(not to mention with ideology very similar to my own).

However, I do believe the title should have been "Pussies and Nutjobs". :)