Thursday, June 22, 2006

My Murder Solving Hobby Didn't Pan Out

Some time ago, I resolved to undertake as one of my new hobbies to solve murders. Unfortunately for my hobby, neither my job or my life outside my job brings me in contact with any murder victims. In fact, I have not had a close connection with a murder for over 10 years now. One of my co-workers was a victim of a serial killer in Florida (recounted in the film “Monster”). One of my clients in Seattle was stabbed to death by her estranged husband after she let him back in the home (we had gotten a restraining order against him). Since then, none of my acquaintances has been whacked. It’s too bad really as I think I would have made a pretty good amateur consulting detective.

I don’t want to be a cop or anything so I have to rely on murder coming to me, and I fear that my social circle is insufficiently murderous to keep me busy. Back to the garden, I reckon.

No comments: