Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm Ready for Polygyny

I watched a documentary the other day about polygynous Mormons. Their lifestyle seemed a little strange, but I figured that it was their business and might work out just fine for them. As I mulled over it, I began to see ways that polygyny might work for me as well if I could pull it off. I haven’t broached the subject with Mrs. Vache Folle, yet, but I am considering getting a “sister-wife” for her.

I am pretty sure that Mrs. Vache Folle will be receptive to the idea since she has often remarked how it would be nice to have a “wife”. She is a career woman and has a long commute to and from Manhattan each day. This means weekends are taken up with household chores and errands that a stay at home wife could handle during the week at her leisure. Also, with a stay at home second wife, we could dispense with the dog walker and save $6,000 a year. She could even take on the lawn mowing and save us about $2,000 a year on that end as well.

Better yet, Mrs. Vache Folle would not have to shoulder the burden of caring for a forgetful husband on her own, and all the wifely duties that now fall to Mrs. Vache Folle could be shared by the sister wife to the first wife’s great relief. It is hoped that the sister wives would become fast friends and provide much needed female companionship one to another, yet another benefit for Mrs. Vache Folle.

Because of all the responsibilities the sister wife would be taking on, I think a youthful and energetic second wife would fit the bill more than an older woman. I am willing to make this sacrifice and give up experience for youth and vigor so that this new arrangement would work out better for the first Mrs. Vache Folle.

The thing is that I don’t know how to go about recruiting a sister wife. Can you still get wives via mail order?

2 comments:

B.W. Richardson said...

Sure, Vache, having a second wife would be, um, economical, and she could help around the house! Yeah, that's the main benefit. And if she's young and energetic, that, uh, would really be helpful to the first wife!

I'm all for the idea as long as no one starts talking about how useful a second husband would be.

Ain't we men stinkers?

Vache Folle said...

BWR-

Second husbands would almost never be useful. That would just mean more work for the wife. This fact may account for the rarity of polyandry.