Wednesday, April 25, 2007

This and That and the Other

Steve Scott had a good suggestion for how chickenhawks can support the war they love so much. Let them serve as mercenary volunteers. Heck, let them form regiments of volunteers. Jonah Goldberg’s New Rough Riders would strike fear in the hearts of… Well, let’s just say there would be fear in some hearts and loads in some pants.

One good thing about the Bush administration is that it made me realize that my incompetence and lack of character should not bar me from high office. If Gonzo can be AG, I could be, too. If Brownie could run FEMA, so could I. If Bush can be CinC, there’s no reason I couldn’t be. What I’d like to be is VPOTUS. I’d just draw my pay, live in my mansion, and show up at the Senate on occasion. Otherwise, I’d be in my usual undisclosed location.

Wm Norman Grigg has nailed it again with his defense of the Second Amendment. Sure, some gun toting individual crazies have killed some folks over the years, but it’s gun toting, bomb wielding crazies working for governments that have killed tens of millions in just the last century. If you were going to disarm someone to save lives, you should disarm governments.

About a mile and a half down the road, one of the property owners has an appeal before the planning board to allow him to operate a beagle kennel on his property. The immediate neighbors have put up yard signs in opposition: “No Dog Kennel on Miller Hill”, “Stop the Dog Kennel”, “This Is Not Kennel Country”. I’d hate to be mixed up in a fight with my neighbors over their use of their property. I’d hate to live next to a bunch of beagles, but I don’t think I would use force against my neighbor by setting the planning board goons on them.

The nephews might visit weekend after next. I would like to put them to work in the garden, but they are lazy and useless. They’ll work for about 30 minutes and then start whining. They have helped me over the years to maintain my commitment to a child-free lifestyle. Whenever we started musing about the possibility of having kids, a visit with the nephews would drive any such notions right out of our minds. For that I am grateful to them.

Yankee fans are the most fickle fans around. A-Rod is belting homers like crazy, so the fans love him and claim they always loved him. Last year, he was a bum. And he’ll be a bum again as soon as he slumps. I have followed A-Rod since he was a Tacoma Rainier. He’s basically a good guy, and it has to be hard on him to deal with New Yorkers. After all, he played in Seattle, the land of the bland and ultra nice for many years, and coming to New York must have been a shock.

I finally figured out how to do a hyperlink. If I could only figure out how to do a blogroll, I'd be in business.

6 comments:

Steve Scott said...

blogroll? I figured it out. You gotta mess with your template. Need help?

Vache Folle said...

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Scott said...

Hey, looks like you got it! Cool.

Vache Folle said...

Steve,

When I followed your suggestion and messed with the template, I found that I could add a link farm pretty easily.

jomama said...

If you were going to disarm someone to save lives, you should disarm governments.

That is the only new law I could
get behind.