Monday, July 24, 2006

Atlas Pukes

Tbogg http://tbogg.blogspot.com/2006/07/that-once-there-was-fleeting-wisp-of.html keeps an eye on the morally handicapped and collectivist harpy Pamela at Atlas Shrugs so that other decent people can be spared.

Pamela doesn’t believe in “innocent civilians”:
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/07/the_innocent_ci.html

I am not buying into the innocent civilians meme. If by ignorance, complicity,
neglect or helplessness the Lebanese wouldn't throw Hezbollah out and establish
a strong government, then they must pay the price for the sins of Hizbollah. And
if people put up with dictatorships, theocracies, totalitarian regimes - as they
did in Nazi Germany -- they deserve what Hezbollah deserves. Our only concern
should be who started the war. Hezbollah/Hamas initiated the use of force and so
stepped outside the principle of rights.

By Pamela’s “reasoning”, I (like everyone else in the US of A) am a legitimate target of any Iraqi. I live in the US and failed to topple the Bush regime, due mainly to my helplessness in the face of the overwhelming force the US government has arrayed against me; therefore, Bush’s initiation of force against Iraq is on my head even though I never voted for the SOB and always opposed his warmongering ways. I am fair game for anyone who aims to avenge the aggression against Iraq.

If Pamela wants to be a target, that’s fine with me. She is free to assume responsibility for the misdeeds of the US government all she wants even though she has had nothing to do with them besides cheerleading. I reckon all those who want to be targets and wallow in collective guilt should wear some kind of identifying badge. Ribbon magnets on their cars, perhaps?

As for me, I have nothing to do with what the US government does or does not do. I do not acknowledge its legitimacy, and I do not consent to its exercises of power over me and mine. I generally comply with its edicts solely because of the threat of force it wields against me. I do not do so gladly, only begrudgingly. I pray for the Iraqi people and feel great shame that any of my countrymen or co-religionists support the violence there.

To any who would impose collective punishment, I hope that you will consider that our overlords care little for the lives of their subjects and that they, in fact, reap political benefits from the fear that attacks on their subjects inspire. I would ask that even such as Pamela be spared. She is a pitiable dupe, and she is not really responsible for the crimes of the government that claims to rule over her.

No comments: