Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Congressman Hall Writes Me Back

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your desire to see impeachment charges brought against President Bush. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

I ran for Congress because I was deeply disturbed by the direction that the Bush Administration has chosen for America. I believe the President's policies have seriously injured this country. Domestically, the policies of this Administration have favored powerful interests over the welfare of working families, allowed the number of Americans without health insurance to grow, increased our dependence on foreign oil, eroded environmental protections, undermined personal liberties, and recklessly plunged our nation deeper into debt. Internationally, he has alienated the United States from much of the world and has pushed the country into a misguided and mismanaged war in Iraq.

As a new member of the House of Representatives I am deeply committed to reversing President Bush's policies and getting the United States back on track. Although I am extremely frustrated by President Bush's conduct, I do not believe impeachment proceedings against the President would be successful, and that the effort to move forward with impeachment would detract from Congress's ability to put America back on the right path. It is my belief that the most important missions of the new Congress, improving the lives of working American families and restoring America's global standing, will be better served by immediately focusing on long-term solutions than by attempting to remove a President who will be out of office in less than two years.

However, if investigations by Judiciary or Government Oversight Committees reveal actions that rise to the level of impeachable offences, Congress would have to consider action.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts and share your concerns about the direction of this country. Again, thanks for contacting me. Please let me know if I can help you on any other matter."

No comments: