Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sudoku is Evil

I can't stop playing Sudoku. I am not content with the mere 9 character version played by lesser minds and must work the 16 character "sudoku mega". The on line Washington Post has Sudoku every day: mini, regular and mega. You can make notes in the squares with your mouse. I like to run through each character in every 16 square set and then go back and run the individual sets. I don't put in all the possibilities except as a last resort. I make a note only if there are only two possibilities in a 16 box set for a character. Sometimes, I get almost to the end and find that I have made an error. AAArgh! I have to clear the game and start anew. I cannot rest until I have solved the sudoku mega.

Damn you Japanese game creators!

2 comments:

iceberg said...

"The name "Sudoku" is Japanese, but the game itself is almost surely an American invention. The earliest known examples were published in 1979 in Dell Pencil Puzzles & Word Games, where they were given the title Number Place."

http://www.americanscientist.org/template/AssetDetail/assetid/48550?&print=yes

Anonymous said...

You could try this different puzzle at http://www.domo-sudoku.com

Cheers