Tuesday, February 20, 2007

If I Denied the Holocaust, it was Accidental

JL Wilson reports on Canada’s sending a resident to Germany to be prosecuted for holocaust denial that took place in Canada: http://independentcountry.blogspot.com/2007/02/next-they-will-extradite-blasphemers-to.html

I don’t have any reason to believe the Holocaust didn’t happen. Sadly, genocide is not all that unusual. My uncle was in on the liberation of a concentration camp and told me what he saw. I visited Auschwitz. I watched a TV miniseries back in the 1970s. I have spoken with some survivors. I’ve seen some documentaries on the History Channel. That’s all I really know about the Holocaust. I’m pretty sure it happened. I wish that it hadn’t.

I’m a little worried about Canada’s dealings with its resident, though. I could be inadvertently in trouble if the US follows suit. If you take my Last Thursday Creationism Theory, wherein I speculated that the universe was created last Thursday complete with memories and records that give the appearance of a prior history, I suppose that might constitute holocaust denial. It denies all history from before the Creation. Then again, I don’t really advance this theory as being true, only that it is an extremely remote possibility, one that cannot be proven either to be true or false. Would this get me jail time in Germany? If this blog is available in Germany, can I be extradited to Germany for holocaust denial based on the Last Thursday Creation concept?

I suppose that I could change the concept to the Creation Just When the Holocaust Started Theory to get around this potential legal problem. I would point out to the authorities that the Holocaust is not singled out in the Last Thursday Creation Theory as being more of an apparition than any of the rest of history. If any of the rest of apparent history happened, so did the Holocaust.

No comments: