Thursday, March 30, 2006

Best. Steak. Ever.

On Monday, I had the best steak ever. We were at the Rex in Billings, Montana, and we all ordered the 9 ounce bacon wrapped filet mignon. We all had it medium rare or rare. I am a medium rare man myself. The steak was perfect. It was a good 6 inches thick and yet perfectly cooked. It was topped with onion rings and butter and surrounded by thick rashers of bacon. It was perfect. If the animal had mad cow disease, it would still be worth it to have eaten that steak.

I also got a spinach salad with bacon and egg topped with bacon grease dressing. I got extra vegetables rather than a potato, so the meal was South Beach qualified. And no dessert, just scotch, so all in all I made healthy choices. Thank God for Vytorin.

I will dream about that steak and think of excuses to go to Billings more often. I hope I can enjoy regular steaks and that the perfect steak has not ruined the steak experience for me. Mrs Vache Folle is an expert steak cooker who always gets it just right, but I can’t get meat like that 9 ouncer in my town. I am going to ask her to butter my steak next time rather than marinating it in chipotle tobasco.

No comments: